The Cellmates wanted to rant and rant and rant about Texas’s new bullshit law that lets anyone with half a brain and an axe to grind to sue your uterus. But then the Supreme Court decided to take their super-conservative supermajority and weigh in on an unconstitutional 15-week ban, so this hydra had to switch gears. Luckily we have the litigation director for the Center For Reproductive Rights Julie Rikelman to bring her vast Mississippi lawyer-ly genius and explains why we’re not wrong to feel like this is wrong. SO FRIGGING WRONG.
Unfortunately Marie is out having a sad, but Lizz and Moji do the best we could without her.
Gathered in the Sleeper Cell:
Moji Alawode-El @mojilocks
Lizz Winstead @lizzwinstead
Follow us on Twitter! @accessforce
Stop Messing With Texas
SB 8/HB 1515 signed by Gov Abbott 5/19
- Lubbock Sanctuary City Bullshit– pull from sanctuary city background/convo from NAF
Mississippi Heading to SCOTUS-
Guest: Julie Rickelman, Center for Reproductive Rights lawyer. Litigation director for CRR
Voting in New Mexico- resources and watch out for this racist anti abortion politician, so please vote!!!! This will affect so many communities and we are so excited Deb Haaland is in the cabinet and has endorsed her. Let’s keep her state legacy going with someone who is pro choice! https://melaniefornm.com/en/endorsements-1
All the housekeeping
- Write a review / give us 5 stars – it’s the best way for our podcast to reach more people!
- Follow us on social @accessforce on Twitter/Instagram/Facebook/TikTok and YouTube
- Email us at podcast @aaforce.org!
- Edited by Brad Pearson, theme song by Cory Eischen, The Purple Xperience
MAY THE ABORTION ACCESS FORCE BE WITH YOU!