Once again, we are reminded of conservatives myopic fascination with fetuses, as Xavier Becerra’s HHS finally rolls back restrictions on using fetal tissue in research that the Trump administration stopped. Call us when people actually care about the medical experimentation on Black and brown bodies. Then the cellmates lighten the mood as we unpack the total LACK of dignity in Tennessee’s looming law requiring fetal burial or cremation. And to ice this particular shitty pod cake, we close out talking about the truly egregious state of healthcare for detained or incarcerated individuals, WHO EVEN HAVE TO SUE on the individual level to access their abortion care, and are still fighting to not be shackled while giving birth. Shit is dark this week people, go with it.
Gathered in the Sleeper Cell:
Moji Alawode-El @mojilocks
Lizz Winstead @lizzwinstead
Marie Khan @mkhanj
Follow us on Twitter! @accessforce
Biden reverses Trump’s Fetal Tissue Restrictions
Tennessee Fetal Burial Demand
Restricting Access to Abortion Also Causes Maternal Death
- States restricting abortion demonstrate a cavalier disregard to womens’ health overall, effecting Black women more profoundly
Reproductive Care in the Carceral System
- Nebraska lawsuit forces Constitutional right to abortion – even a staff member resigns in disgust. Also fuck your sanctuary cities!!!
- How do you terminate a pregnancy in detention or prison?
- Check out Dr. Michele Goodwin
All the housekeeping
- Write a review / give us 5 stars – it’s the best way for our podcast to reach more people!
- Follow us on social @accessforce on Twitter/Instagram/Facebook/tikok and YouTube
- Email us at podcast @aaforce.org!
- Edited by Brad Pearson, theme song by Cory Eischen, The Purple Xperience
MAY THE ABORTION ACCESS FORCE BE WITH YOU!