It’s April, Fools, and Lizz and Marie hold it down in the Sleeper Cell while Moji is home sleeping off her vaccine!! This week we have all the axes to grind! The first abortion case SCOTUS has agreed to take will have the 6-3 (and not in a good way) court decide if the Kentucky AG-ro can bring cases to SCOTUS that lower courts have RULED are trash. Oh the floodgates… PLUS Two southwestern states are in a battle royal for the title “Most Medically Unnecessary and Cruel Legislatures” And we channel our anger over a MN State Supreme Court ruling that reversed a rape conviction with Kaarin Long and Lindsay J. Brice, two of the local policy and legal experts who are working tirelessly to change the unjust law that led to all of it.
Gathered in the Sleeper Cell:
Lizz Winstead @lizzwinstead
Marie Khan @mkhanj
Lindsay J. Brice
Follow us on Twitter! @accessforce
Kentucky AG continues to be TrashAF
Oklahoma’s Trinity of Restrictions
Texas Senate Passes A Week’s Worth of Bans
April is Sexual Assault Awareness Month. Today we talk with Kaarin Long, Women’s Rights Staff Attorney at The Advocates for Human Rights and Lindsay J. Brice, Law & Policy Director of Minnesota Coalition Against Sexual Assault about the work being done to close Minnesota’s rape loophole.
- Rape Help Minnesota advocates
- STANDPOINT attorneys and advocates
- The Advocates for Human Rights
- Minnesota Coalition Against Sexual Assault
Can Lizz Tie Abortion to Indie Music Festivals?
Sexual Assault Support and Awareness Resources
All the housekeeping
- Write a review / give us 5 stars – it’s the best way for our podcast to reach more people!
- Follow us on social @accessforce on Twitter/Instagram/Facebook/tikok and YouTube
- Email us at email@example.com!
- Edited by Brad Pearson, theme song by Cory Eischen, The Purple Xperience
MAY THE ABORTION ACCESS FORCE BE WITH YOU!