Hosts Marie, Moji, Lizz
BIG STORIES THIS WEEK TO READ
- Mother Jones: The Largest Doctors’ Group in the Country Is Heading to Court to Stop an Anti-Abortion Law [6/26/19]
- UPDATE ON GEORGIA LAWS! Lawsuits filed!!! It’s on!
CNN: Abortion rights advocates sue Georgia over six-week abortion ban [6/28/19]
- Missouri decision about whether PP can remain open comes down FRIDAY: Follow updates @prochoicemo on Twitter
- GREAT article about terminology and how we can correct antis and how we can all do better when talking about abortion
Abortion Terminology –
- Newsweek: Late-Term Abortion, Fetal Viability, Heartbeat Pill [???]: What People Get Wrong About Abortion [6/25/19]
COVERED IN THE SHOW
Woman shot, fetus does, she is charged with manslaughter
- Chief Justice of AL Supreme Court makes Roy Moore look Aboerion AF and he has been crafting a plan to overturn Roe FOR YEARS
History of Personhood laws
Former domestic policy monster now is the nominee to be a UN policy monster
HIS HISTORY OF ANTI ABORTION/ANTI BIRTH CONTROL POLICY MAKING
A primer on the Mexico City Policy
- THE EFEFCTS OF THE POLICY NPR: Study: U.S. Ban On Aid To Foreign Clinics That ‘Promote’ Abortion Upped Abortion Rate [5/27/19]
Watch Sen Meneddez drag his ass
The 411 on SCOTT LLOYD and his creepyass tactics
History of Personhood laws
Discovery period granted:
Utah plan to introduce abortion ban: https://www.deseretnews.com/article/900076053/abortion-free-utah-group-planned-parenthood.html
Utah county commission resolution: https://www.sltrib.com/news/politics/2019/06/25/utah-county-commission/
How much the entertainment industry brings into Utah so they should be demanding Utah not pass shitty laws
The 2019 Sundance Film Festival generated $182.5 million in economic impact for the state of Utah.
The study also determined that the 2019 festival generated more than $18.6 million in state and local tax revenue; supported 3,052 jobs; and generated $94 million in Utah wages. The festival’s five-year cumulative total since 2015 amounts to $681.5 million, with more than $66.7 million in state and local tax revenue generated and over 11,900 jobs supported.
OH AND SKIING
Utah ski resorts brought $388 million into the Utah economy in 2018. 63% of those skiers were from out of state. 2017 out-of-state skier and snowboarder spending allowed for the creation of over 21,000 jobs.
Help Utah here
ALL THE HOUSEKEEPING
- Write a review/ give us 5 stars
- Follow us on social @LadyPJustice on Twitter/Instagram
- Follow Lizz @izzwinstead Twit/Insta
- Follow Jaye @jayemcbride Twit / Insta
- Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org! If we read your question on air, you will get a shirt!
- Edited by Brad Pearson, theme song by Cory Eischen, The Purple Xperience